Strato Blue Metal flake available in 3 Sizes, Micro .004″, Mini .008″ , and Bass Boat .015″ 400 degree temperature threshold. Available in 4 oz. Jars or 1 lb. Bags.
Our Strato Blue Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flakes are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flakes (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat flakes (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flakes have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of flakes in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small flakes, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal flakes, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Strato Blue metal flake paint job is super simple with our flakes. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the flakes), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s inter coat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Strato metal flake”additives, most of our flakes are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some flakes that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.”
We suggest 1 Heaping tablespoon per sprayable quart of clear blender/binder to start. You can go as much as two as long as you are not overloading your clear with flake. In powder coat, use 1 heaping tablespoon per pound of clear powder to start. These are all starting ratios. they can be adjusted as needed for your specific application.
Not only are all of our Metal Flakes completely compatible with plasti dip, we were the first to supply the dip companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in Plasti Dip, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Plasti Dip Pearls to the world.
Shop with us…the leader in pearl paint and Pearl Pigments Since 2005
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|
.004" Micro, .008" Mini, .015" Bass Boat
|Amount of Flakes||
4 oz. Jar, 1 Lb. Bag (6 jar value)
Returns and ExchangesThere are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to UsFirstly Print and return this Returns Form to: 30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements. For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.
- Candy Concentrates
- Car Shape Test Panel - Speed Shapes
- Chameleon Flakes
- Color Pearls
- ColorShift Pearls
- Glow in the Dark Paint
- ICE Pearls
- Illusion Pearls
- Metal Flakes
- Pigment Sample Packs
- Temperature Changing Paint
- Wet Paints Shipped Free